Monday 6 October 2014

luc vandervelde lux / Albrecht Dürer



Albrecht Dürer
Study of Drapery
1521
brush drawing on paper
20,8 x 21 cm (framed: 47,9 x 40 x 3,9 cm)
Albertina, Vienna


Albrecht Dürer is one of the biggest influencers in my life. His work is why I chose to become an artist. I admired the versatility in his art. His drawings and self portraits are from an indescribable beauty.
Even though my work stems from a completely different type of output, it is very much influenced by Albrecht Dürer.
When I saw the picture 'the Study of a Drapery' it was so refreshing to me despite the fact it’s from 1521. It inspired me so much that it created a totally new turning point in my work and transformed the types of artistic pieces I produce. From that moment on I stopped using traditional painting materials. 
luc vandervelde lux, 2014




luc vandervelde lux (BE)
Untitled (1521)
mixed media on wooden frame

No comments:

Post a Comment