Saturday 21 September 2013

Pere Llobera / Francisco Goya




Goya
El Pelele  
1791/1792
oil on canvas
267 x 160 cm
Museo del Prado, Madrid



Pere Llobera (ES/NL)
Presagio (Premonition)
2013
oil on canvas
31 x 43 cm



This is one of my latest works (Premonition) and it makes me think of Goya. Goya is the kind of artist I would like to be. No doubt about that. In my opinion all of Goya's works are remarkable, especially the 'Caprichos'-series. Sociological sharpness and freshness of the art. It is like creating an artist by mixing Blake and Rembrandt. A very good cocktail.
I chose a very strange work of him: 'El Pelele' (the puppet). It is an ugly work, but extremely powerful in portraying the emptiness. It makes me think of our present, internet, etc... I know why but it takes to long to explain here.
The last image of mine is a self-portrait changing the TV channels with a tree branch. The title: 'Involution now'. In my opinion this is pure: Caprichos.
Pere Llobera 2013



Pere Llobera (ES/NL)
Involució (Involution now)
2011
oil on canvas
40 x 50 cm



No comments:

Post a Comment